Monday, March 9, 2009

carols daughter: why you hatin'

stop talking about how her products are trash ok? just because her shampoo or smoothies dont agree with your hair does not mean her products are trash(can you tell i love CD?). now dont get me wrong, her products are not the best in the bunch but i can name a few products that cost more than a little bit that did less than nothing for my hair.
i use to use Carol's Daughter products before i really knew about good hair care. my hair was not at its healthiest and i had little to no idea what deep conditioning was. but i knew i was in love with the healthy hair butter. that stuff made my hair so soft, and i remember not finding hair all over the bathroom sink during the time i was using it. then when i ordered my second jar it was different. i think i felt my heart crumble lol. the formula was no longer a butter but more of a cream. i dont know if the ingr. changed because back then i didnt even look at the back of the jar. so i stopped using all of her products.

here it is 2 years later and my hair is the healthiest its been in a long time and i am back on the CArol's Daughter high. right now i am using the black vanilla smoothie, black vanilla shampoo, tui shampoo, and healthy hair butter.

let me give you my thoughts on each product.
healthy hair butter: i love this stuff. i use it everyday and my hair is thanking me for it. my hair stays soft and moisturized and i get no breakage when i have this dream cream in stock. it is water based and contains not petrolium or mineral oil. it has yummy ingr. like jojoba oil, soybean oil and wheat germ oil. and the smell is really earthy. i will never be without this cream.

black vanilla smoothie: this stuff is amazing. i actually use it as a pre poo. what i do is slather it on my tresses from root to tip on dry hair. i then place a plastic cap on my head and sleep in it. the next day i shampoo it out and when the water hits it my hair is instantly detaingled. thats what we all want right ladies??? soft, detaingled hair. i know thats what i want. im on my second jar now and i will always keep at least 2 of these in my stash.
now i dont know how this works on wet shampoo'd hair. there are some conditioners i only use on dry hair and this happens to be one of them.
the ingr. are as follows: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Brassicamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Peg-40 Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Prunus Amygdalys Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Aspartic Acid, Cyclopentasiloxane, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium, Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao ( Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tetrasodium Edta, Simethicone, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice.
and this conditioner will run you about $19. but because i apply it to dry hair it lasts a long while.

black vanilla and tui shampoo: i actually like the tui shampoo much better than the BV. the tui shampoo is very gentle on my hair and lathers very well. it does not strip my hair at all and if i use it after a good pre poo then all i need i one lather and my hair will remain super moisturized
the BV shampoo is gentle but not as moisturizing as the tui shampoo, yet i find myself using it more. hmmm im not sure why that is. maybe saving the best for last??? could be. the black vanilla has to be my most fave smell out of all her collections(not counting body products). that smell is so intoxicating and relaxing. its like nothing i've ever smelled before. but the funny thing is if this were a body lotion it would probably be too strong lol.
anyway, i think you cant go wrong with anyone of these lovely shampoos. again my opinion is that the tui is better if you need that extra moisturization.

check Carol's Daughter out. i was not dissapointed and i would hope that you wouldnt be either.

No comments:

Post a Comment